The cannabis market is experiencing a great revolution, partly thanks to the legalization of cannabidiol (CBD). This compound has been one of the most controversial substances in decades, despite the fact that it does not cause the psychoactive effects associated with marijuana.
- CBD oil is derived primarily from hemp or cannabis Sativa, one of several cannabis plants that contain both tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and CBD.
- Industrial hemp is also cultivated for cannabidiol and for its wide-ranging therapeutic effects, but unlike marijuana, it is the one that does not “bust” consumers.
- From the processing of hemp plants a base is extracted which is finally packaged as CBD oil.
The oil is mainly used as a treatment for disorders such as pain and skin irritation, but it can also be used for a variety of other situations: instead, CBD is commonly sold as oil and can also be infused into foods and drinks, inflorescences.
Here are some of the reasons why people are currently taking CBD oil
Cannabidiol is one of the most important cannabinoids present in the cannabis plant. These compounds are the chemicals that activate cannabinoid receptors in the brain and body of all mammals.
- Cannabidiol has many therapeutic effects, with the advantage that it is not psychoactive, that is, it does not “bust” as THC does, a principle of over one hundred cannabinoids present on the plant.
- CBD also helps to level the effects of THC in the strains. With a high presence of the latter, reducing anxiety attacks, palpitations and other adverse effects they can cause.
Last November, the World Health Organization (WHO) recognized that cannabidiol does not cause addiction: ” Cannabidiol (CBD), does not contain any psychoactive molecule of the plant Cannabis sativa, it is not a dangerous substance, on the contrary, it has a high therapeutic potential “.
How does CBD help us?
It is thought that CBD may be able to reduce the perception of pain for certain types of pain, such as neuropathic pain. Compared to other pain-relieving methods, patients have successfully experimented with CBD without suffering harmful side effects such as the potential dependence of opiates or paracetamol liver damage.
Cannabinoids have been studied for their anti-inflammatory effects and scientists are controlling receptors throughout the nervous system, to better understand how they act in relation to pain, it is still early to say, but there may be several advantages.
A study published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology reports that the “CBD has direct actions on isolated arteries”.
A common theme in all these studies is the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of CBD. These studies state that CBD also plays an important role in blood health, helping white blood cells, platelet aggregation and even helping to maintain a constant level of blood sugar.
Reduces Anxiety And Stress
Cannabinoids have been used to help reduce stress and increase relaxation for centuries, but ultimately science is coming to a turning point with preliminary and initial human trials to support all anecdotal evidence.
Another NCBI study shows that CBD reacts with endocannabinoid receptors 5HT1A and TRPV1 (not only the CB1 / CB2 reactor like other cannabinoids).
These receptors are involved in the regulation of pain, anxiety, and fear-responses to stress: it has recently been discovered that CBD also helps patients with post-traumatic stress disorder or for similar reasons.
Keep Your Healthy Skin
Furthermore, it has been shown that CBD reduces the production of lipids in skin cells, therefore for those suffering from skin diseases such as acne, it can offer a way to help manage their condition.
- At the same time, it can increase sebum production, preventing dry skin. CBD is also an antioxidant, which helps preserve skin cells from free radical damage and environmental stress.
- According to experiments on mice bred without CBD receptors, it was found that they suffered aging and loss of skin elasticity.
- CBD is a readily available dietary substitute and initial results suggest that it has a lot to offer.
It is worth emphasizing that the results are areinitial, and that the CBD should not replace any prescribed treatment by doctors, but the benefits it can offer can make life a little easier for the user!
How does CBD help us?
Stimulates The Appetite
Cannabis for both medical and recreational purposes has stimulated research into its therapeutic potential. A family of compounds called cannabinoids has the ability to stimulate appetite. Called chemical hunger it is valuable because many diseases cause a loss of extreme appetite that reduces the quality of life and slows down recovery.
Menstrual pain: It is possible to relieve them with cannabis-based products
In a woman’s life, there is the moment of the menstrual cycle, which is repeated periodically but with different effects for each of them: in fact in some women it can be accompanied by very acute pains that have both physical and psychological causes.
The main cause of pain is determined by the fact that the endometrium, especially in the menstrual period, produces considerable amounts of prostaglandins which, in high concentrations, generate significant uterine contractions that can cause pain in the lower abdomen.